Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Quick and Easy Smoothie Pops

Popsicles are such a great way to cool off in the summer heat.  It has been very warm in Seattle for the past couple of weeks- and the extended forecast isn't showing any change in the near future.  I love the idea of Madisyn cooling off with a Popsicle while she's playing outside- but I'm never super excited about unhealthy snacks full of sugar and no nutrients... SO I decided to make my own!


Here's the recipe I used:

  • 2 cups frozen berry mix (I used Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry)
  • 2 cups Non-fat Greek Yogurt
  • 1 cup water

I put everything in my magic bullet blender attachment and blended it up.
Then I poured the smoothie into our Popsicle molds and 3 hours later- MADISYN WAS IN HEAVEN!!!
No sugar added- and they are full of protein!  I buy my Non-Fat Greek Yogurt at Costco- in the 2 big tubs and it has 24 grams of protein and only 7 grams of sugar in 1 cup!



"Don't you want to try some?!"



You could switch this up with all sorts of fruit!  Tomorrow I plan on adding in some Cantaloupe to make them a little sweeter.  Please share any recipes you've tried and love!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips