Thursday, July 25, 2013

[Cars and Trucks] Drawer Pulls- FREE SILHOUETTE CUT FILES


One of Madisyn's best friends, Hunter is a few weeks older than her.  He celebrated his 2nd birthday last weekend!  Time has flown since our babies were born, where did our little babies go?!
I try really hard to gift personal, thoughtful gifts for close friends.  I wanted to make something for Hunter and his Mom told me that she had yet to order drawer pulls for his new big boy "Car and Truck" bedroom.  I asked her if I could make them for him, and she said YES!

We bought 6, high quality metal drawer pulls from Home Depot that had a large, flat surface to apply some car and truck vinyl.


I created 6 different Silhouette files for cars and trucks to cut my 1.5 inch wide shapes out of primary colored permanent vinyl.  Some of them proved to be more difficult than others due to very small cut lines and removing the pieces necessary to create negative space.  {My trick for this is to use a very sharp dental pick... shhhh... don't tell anyone.}
Kyle quickly drilled some holes in a scrap piece of stained wood we had, that presented the pulls very nicely as a gift.  


The pulls came out exactly how I envisioned them and Hunter and Mommy Candace LOVED them!  Success!







I wasn't able to host the Silhouette Files on my webpage to download for some strange reason.  So, please leave a comment with your email address and I will send them to you!  I'd LOVE to see what you make with them!






Linking Up at these fabulous Parties:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tracie! This is simple and suuper cute!! I'd love if you would share your silhouette file for these! Sleighh85@live.com Thank You!! -Shanna

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips